Higher Rhythm’s BTEC National Diploma in Creative Media Production is the perfect opportunity to get a foot into the radio and media industry.
The UK’s media industries are world leading, growing in both value, and number of people employed, every year. How we consume music, news and information continues to evolve with a huge choice of online platforms but radio broadcasting continues to be a leading platform which is central to people’s lives.
A career in media has never been more relevant and an ideal way to start your career journey is to immerse yourself in a real industry setting, learning from professionals who work in the industry. Our BTEC National Diploma in Creative Media Production will allow you to do exactly that!
Higher Rhythm operates Sine FM, a radio station in Doncaster, and since 2008, we have provided media training to people aiming for successful careers in the radio, broadcast and media industries. People who have completed our courses have moved on to media organisations such as BBC and ITV, secured work in commercial and national broadcast companies, and established careers as self employed professionals in the wider creative media industries.
Students on our National Diploma in Creative Media Production will gain the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment in the media industries. Students will receive support and tuition from experienced media professionals, get to use industry standard tools and equipment, and enjoy opportunities to produce and present radio shows which are broadcasted daily to large live audiences.
On our post-16 BTEC National Diploma Creative Media Production study programme (720 learning hours + 480 hours enrichment across two years) you will:
- Gain a BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Creative Media Production (worth 2 A-levels and up to 112 UCAS points)
- Develop transferable skills relevant to media and other industries
- Attain industry insight into production processes, presentation, interviewing and scriptwriting
- Learn about operating as a small business with the Creative Media Industries
- Enjoy an inclusive learning environment with our smaller class sizes (12 max), be treated as an individual and get to know your tutors and fellow students
- Receive support with Functional Skills and GCSE English and Math (where required)
You could study another A level with another provider alongside our course if you wanted to, but please be aware that preferential places on our programmes are given to young people who are only studying at Higher Rhythm.
By enrolling at Higher Rhythm, you will also benefit from our unique work enrichment and work experience programme, which includes:
- Master Classes with established creative media professionals
- Vocational experience working in an FM and online radio station
- Free entry to specific festivals, showcases and gigs
- Collaborative working with our network of radio stations and media providers
Progression routes from our programme include:
- Entry to Higher Education (HND and Degree Courses)
- A range of employment destinations in the creative media industries
Fill in the short form below to find out more.